Who is an Endocrinologist?
Updated: Nov 27, 2019
Endocrinology is the study of hormones in the body. Hormones are signalling molecules of the body secreted by Endocrine Glands. Disturbances in the levels of hormones in the body can lead to Endocrine Diseases.
Endocrinologist is a person who studies about hormonal diseases and their remedies. The most common Endocrine disease is Diabetes Mellitus, which is due to low amount or action of the hormone called “insulin”. The list of major diseases which an Endocrinologist deals with is as follows:
1. Diabetes Mellitus (Type 1, 2 & Gestational)
4. Polycystic Ovarian Disease (PCOD)
6. Cholesterol Disorders
7. Growth Disorders in Children
9. Calcium & Vitamin D disorders
10. Facial Hair in females
11. High Prolactin
12. Low Testosterone
13. Sexual Problems
15. Male Breast Enlargement
16. Early & Late Puberty
17. Acromegaly (Large hands & feet)
18. Cushing’s Syndrome (steroids excess)
19. Pituitary Gland Problems
20. Adrenal Gland Problems
21. Parathyroid Gland Problems
22. Other Hormonal Disorders.
For more information,